Corporate Social Responsability (CSR) at EvenBack
Working in favour of regions
Even is committed to honouring its responsibilities to people and territories – responsibilities that it meets by processing the milk produced by its members, creating jobs and delivering on its commitments to civil society.
Supporting young farmers
Even trains and supports young farmers who join the cooperative, helping them to optimise management of their farms by providing advice and guidance during the early years of their business, offering additional labour, etc.
Contributing to the well-being of 10,000 families
As part of its growth strategy, Even has made a deliberate decision to be a Group. It also respects the identity and cultural values of its subsidiaries in Brittany and elsewhere. It helps them to grow, while encouraging them to innovate and become more competitive.
Even has contributed to the creation and protection of more than 6,000 jobs in the downstream sector. This high-quality environment supports the livelihoods of a total of 10,000 families.
Encouraging local procurement
Laïta's dairy products are made from milk collected from farmers in the Brittany and Pays de la Loire regions.The milk is then processed at seven processing facilities located in north-west France : Ancenis (Loire-Atlantique), Créhen (Côtes d'Armor), Landerneau (Finistère), Lanfains (Côtes-d'Armor), Ploudaniel (Finistère), Pont-Scorff (Morbihan) and Yffiniac (Côtes-d'Armor).
Even Distribution also prioritises short distribution circuits, with Sovéfrais and Argel procuring 85% and 50% of their inputs respectively via local circuits. This commitment to local procurement is enshrined in their respective sustainable development charters.
Investing in local life
Even is actively involved in several professional organisations and associations, and is committed to maintaining close relationships with civil society. Each and every Even member and employee makes his/her own contribution to local development and knowledge transfer. For example, the cooperative's members and employees are involved with the following organisations and associations:
- Agriculteurs de Bretagne [Breton farmers’ union]
- ABEA [Breton association of agri-food companies]
- ATLA [French association of dairy processing companies]
- Breiz Europe [Association valuing the interests of britain agri-food]
- Breizh Small Business Act [Association created in Brittany by public and private professionals]
- BBA [Britain agri-food biotechnology association]
- BDI [Breton association for develoment and innovation]
- BCI [Breton association for international trade]
- Club SRE 29 [Road Safety club for companies in the Finistère area]
- Coop de France Ouest [Union of cooperatives in western France]
- FNCL [French national federation of dairy cooperative companies]
- Fondation Université de Bretagne Occidentale [UBO]
- Investir en Finistère [Investing in Finistere]
- Nutrinoë [Professional organisation for breton livestock feed manufacturers]
- Produit en Bretagne [Association for produits made in Brittany]
- Syndigel [Frozen and chilled product retail and distribution federation]
- Technopôle Brest Iroise [Association for innovation and development of Brest area]
- Valorial [Competitiveness cluster dedicated to innovations in the food and nutrition sector for the future]
- Village by CA Finistère [Accelerator of innovative projects in Finistère].